Whole 30 - Days 1 to 16?
Hello Whole 30ers!
I'm on Day 16 already! I can't believe how quickly time flies, honestly. I had to count up the days to Day 16, because...well, I haven't been focusing on the Whole 30 AT ALL, really. It's been fairly easy for me. I had pretty bad cravings yesterday (for cookies, no less!) but I made it through to the other side and now it's easy street once again.
A few things to note:
1. I have been eating quite a bit of fruit....yes, even as snacks. I know, stone her! The thing is, I know my body....and my body needs carbs. Yes, you heard that right. Doing the whole, "low-carb" thing is what got me into the mess to begin with. I've treated my body HORRIBLY in the past, and I know that stressing it even more won't help me. So, the fruits stays.
2. I'm never really ravenously hungry. I try very hard to make sure I've got avocado or Ghee or olive oil to tide me over. I've discovered that I looooove Ghee. It's so versatile and we can pick it up at Walmart! Amazing!
3. I've been drinking a lot of tea. A lot, a lot. I was drinking juice before (actually, just finished some pomegranate juice), but I know that's not ideal. I drink juice before bed, actually, because I take my liquid iron with it. Not much I can do about that and medicine (and my iron levels specifically) are more important than the Whole 30.
4. There may have been once or twice where I was cross-contaminated with bad oils. Live and learn.
Now, for my results until this point!
1. My life without dairy is awesome! I will probably never eat dairy consistently EVER again. It's honestly not worth it at all. My bloat and inflammation seemto have gone down exponentially.
2. My skin is kicking ass! I had fairly good skin before (only a few zits before my period), but now my skin seems radiant. I don't even put concealer on in the morning at all. Right before my period, when I would typically break out, I had one tiny zit on my chin. Big whoop! It was awesome!
3. My period was a day late, and when it came, it came with a vengeance. I was hoping the Whole 30 (and not binge-eating chocolate beforehand) would help with cramps. It did lessen the severity of the cramps, but instead it spread it out over 3 DAYS. Ungh. Not okay with me. The good thing was I wasn't bleeding out like someone had stabbed me, so that was one plus. This makes a big difference to me because anemia.
4. My hip seems to be feeling a lot better. I'm not sure if this is related to diet or the physio exercises, but I can mostly walk without being in tons of pain. There was one or two days before my period where it was pretty achy and gross, but otherwise, nothing too bad.
5. Sleep is good and regular. No problems there.
6. I was VERY anxious before my period. I also had a job interview to prepare for, but overall, I just felt very nervous, scared, and anxious. I was getting hot flashes, which aren't super normal for me. I started eating a few more carbs in the morning, and that really seemed to help me calm down.
7. MY HAIR AND NAILS ARE GROWING! Whoo! This is so awesome! My nails usually all break off before my period, but this time....I got to keep most of them. My hair is also really healthy at the moment. After the IUD and my anemia, etc, I was afraid my hair would never be healthy again. Surprise!
8. No Tiger Blood feelings. I don't feel like I have crazy amounts of energy, but I do feel like I have more stable energy. I had one nap the day before my period, but usually I feel blah all week. Other than that, I haven't had any naps during the day.
9. I'm starting to get bored of my meals, but perhaps that's to be expected. C and I usually eat the same thing every night for dinner, and I eat the same thing every morning for breakfast. I definitely need to whip out some of my paleo books and see what they say.
10. Weight loss. Hm, I don't know if I've lost weight. I think I look slimmer, and my love handles are gone. C also says that I look like I've lost weight. I haven't been exercising a whole bunch - mostly because before my period, I never feel like it. I'm also trying not to injure my hip anymore than it already is. I also haven't stepped onto a scale yet. I guess we'll see if its all a figment of my imagination or if I really have lost some weight.
I guess I still have about 15 days to go! I'm not sure what the Whole 30 has left to offer me, but I'm going to stick it out until the end. It's insane how long it's already been! I can't believe I've been eating this way for 25 days already! Time flies when you're....eating healthy?
Anyways, how are you guys doing on the Whole 30? Feeling confident? Cool? Collected? Are you guys happy with your results? Leave a comment in the section below and tell me allll about it. :)